The After School Care Programme at LISA-JUNIOR is designed to meet the needs of working parents. It provides students a dependable daily service in a warm and caring environment.
2.00 to 2.45 pm – recreation – if possible outside
2.45 to 3.45 pm – homework time
3.45 to 5.30 pm – play time / art & crafts / story time
In case of “early release” the After School Care starts at 12:30 am, right after lunch time.
Registration and Costs
If you want to register your child to our ASC please download the registration form here and send it to school with your child. For your second child which is registered to the ASC we charge 20 % less.
Once in a while your child will have an early release day due to a school conference. Therefore we have established a charge scale especially for parents, whose children are usually not registered to the ASC.
• If we have to give an early release on a very short notice (such as the teacher is sick and lessons are canceled)- no charges until 14:00 – thereafter 8 Euro/hour
• If we have an early release that is noticed beforehand either via parent book, email or stated on the calendar – 4 Euro/hour until 14:00 – thereafter 8 Euro/hour
• If you cannot be on time and your child is picked up late, she/he will be sent to the ASC – 8 Euro/hour
Supervision and guidance is given to children with homework assignment. Quiet time is devoted to such work right at the beginning of the programme. Please be advised that homework guidance will not include the daily reading homework with your child.
Children enjoy games and sports activities on the sports field or the gym.
In the assigned CARE rooms, all sorts of toys, games, books are on hand to offer variety of possibilities for play, providing opportunities to interact with other children or simply to have a relaxed and creative time on one’s own. Snack time is a moment for a friendly chat. Occasionally, the children are brought together for story-telling or games.
Arts & Crafts
Care teachers propose all sorts of projects. But children are not pressured into participating if they prefer to indulge in some other activities. Projects include painting, collage, bead-work, clay-modeling, craft-kits etc.
From time to time, we do something special. It might be an afternoon of cooking. It might mean a movie on a rainy day. We might go on a field trip which is a wonderful possiblity for your child to relax outside of school!
We also like to celebrate special occasions in all sorts of ways. We also love having parties to which parents are heartily invited to come if they can!
You will receive a notification about the special event some weeks ahead. In case of an activity outside of the school, please be advised that
- we will return at approximately 17:00 – no earlier pick-ups possible.
- your child cannot attend her/his booked After School Activity.
- homework will not be done on this special day.
For an afficent communication between the care takers and you, you are advised to use the communication booklet at any time.