Our student body comes from the families involved in the international business, local business, sports and performing arts spheres in Linz .
Open Positions for 2018/19:
ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE TEACHER – MYP
March 5, 2018
Anton Bruckner International School is an IB World School authorized to offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP), and is a candidate school for the Middle Years Programme (MYP).
Anton Bruckner International School is located in Linz, Austria and is a caring, cosmopolitan community of vibrant learners striving for excellence in the achievement of knowledge and personal development. Anton Bruckner International School prepares students with the academic skills and qualifications needed to access the IB Diploma Programme anywhere in the world. Anton Bruckner International School promotes an inclusive community that teaches empathy, fosters collaboration and celebrates international diversity.
Our mission is to nurture and inspire; to provide the opportunity for each learner to achieve their full potential, within a local and global community.
You should have:
- The ability to motivate and inspire students
- The ability to stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment
- Creative teaching skills and a professional approach
- High expectations for students
- The determination to raise students’ achievement
- The ability to encourage extra-curricular activities
- Teamwork skills
- The ability to use and interest in new technologies
- Display solid knowledge in the subject area and be able to make a significant contribution to the development of a sound English language and literature curriculum that meets the IB MYP expectations at our school.
- Differentiate learning and teaching in a manner that challenges and stimulates the interest of learners of different needs.
- Innovative and committed to ensuring high standards of teaching.
Responsibilities for delivering the MYP curriculum:
- Planning and preparing courses and lessons
- Curriculum development
- Teaching students assigned according to their educational needs
- Setting and marking of work carried out at school and elsewhere
- Plan authentic assessments
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the academic development, progress and attainment of students
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students, classes or groups of students assigned
- Providing guidance and advice to students on educational matters (Monitor the progress of students, providing guidance, advice and support).
- Making records and reports on the personal and social needs of students
- Communicating and meeting with parents as required
- Participating in appraisal procedures and In-Service Training
- Cooperating with colleagues on the preparation and development of courses of study, and pastoral arrangements.
- Participating in the co-curricular and after-school programmes in the
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the students
- Responsible for administrative tasks: Registration of student attendance, checking students’ diaries, collation of statistics etc when requested
- Assisting in the planning and organizing of school events and functions
- Supervising classes and students in cover arrangements
- Participating in Examination invigilation duties
- Undertaking professional duties and organizational tasks as reasonable delegated by the Head of School
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education
- Minimum of 2 years successful teaching experience – IB MYP experience is desirable?
- Some experience with curriculum development would be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills
- A team player, willing to promote strong collaboration between members of staff.
What we can offer:
- Excellent resources
- Excellent support and professional development opportunities
- Friendly and supportive staff
- Excellent new technology
- Excellent medical insurance
- Concession on tuition fees for children’s education
What our region can offer:
- A safe environment, rich in history with a thriving music and arts
- Highly attractive sports opportunities including skiing, hiking, sailing, etc
- High-tech centre with many start-ups
- An active international community
Interested candidates for this position can apply by submitting the following documents:
- A letter of application
- Up-to-date CV with a recent photograph
- Names of three professional referees (Direct supervisors) specifying their designation, e-mail and telephone number.
Mail your application to email@example.com and include: Application for Position as MYP English Language and Literature Teacher in the subject line of the mail.